Educating others has been a long held passion of mine; I have been involved in a variety of training roles since the mid 1980’s. I have taught Management, ICT, photography and art. I set up my training company in 2000 after completing my BSc in Management and ICT. Part of my role has been to provide coaching, mentoring and training support to L&D purchaser and provider members of TrainerBase which I set up in 2002.
Between 2006 and 2008 I led a team of L&D and business experts in developing The Standard for Learning and Development Practitioners; a comprehensive and rigorous competence framework for trainers which evidences the application of knowledge. The accreditation was launched in 2008. Based on The Standard I went on to co create a BTEC qualification in Learning and Development Practice Management. Between 2008 and 2010 I was CEO of a learning and development trade body.
I am a past member of the CMI and ex Chair of the local branch in West Wales.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Workshop and programme design; content and layout
- Business Information Systems (the use of ICT within organisations)
- Coaching individuals within both personal and corporate environments
- Standards in Learning and Development practice
- Strategy development (the use of business models as leadership tools)
Previous assignments include:
- Early development and delivery of the ILM endorsed Certificate in Manager Development
- Internal verifier for ILM endorsed awards in Team Leader and First Line Manager qualifications
- Creator of the Standard for Learning and Development Practitioners
- Lead developer of the Certified Learning and Development Practitioner accreditation
- Lead developer of the BTEC Professional Certificated in Learning and Development Practice Management qualification
- Co creator, coach and facilitator of an activity based personal development programme
- Wide-ranging article writing on learning and development practice and procurement
- Founder of TrainerBase and responsible for the whole design, management and administration
- Development and delivery of Microsoft, Sage and other products based training
- Investors in People Advisor